My Alcon | US
This page is available in English
MyAlcon | Country
MyALCON GLOBAL SITES
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
France - French
Spain - Espanol
Belgium - Nederlands | Français
India - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal Contact Lenses
Designed To Provide Comfort and Seamless Vision At All Distances, Near Through Far.1,2
Give Your Presbyopic Patients Outstanding Comfort
From Day 1 To Day 302-4
Innovative Precision Profile™
Design created for predictable, seamless vision1,2
Smooth Progression of Power Gradients for Clear, Uninterrupted Vision From Near, to Intermediate, to Distance2
Center-near design works synergistically with the eye’s natural pupillary function.5
- Unique optical zone size optimized for a wide range of pupil sizes
- Improve near vision without compromising distance
Two Unique Technologies
SmartShield® Technology helps deliver superior overall cholesterol deposit resistance throughout the lens6-8
SmartShield® Technology creates an ultra-thin protective layer to:
Minimize the exposed silicone9,10
Protect lenses from irritating deposits all month long6,7
Support a stable tear film and maintain wettability12
HydraGlyde® Moisture Matrix Technology surrounds lens in long-lasting surface moisture to help keep the lens surface hydrated13,14
To Help Your Patients Get the Most From Their Contact Lenses, Recommend CLEAR CARE® PLUS and OPTI-FREE® Puremoist®
AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal Contact Lenses Product Information
Learn About the Alcon Multifocal Family
DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® Multifocal
For clarity at all distances, near through far, and refreshing all day comfort.1,2,17
AIR OPTIX® Plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal
Product Insert and Guides
AIR OPTIX® Plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal Contact Lenses Package Insert
AIR OPTIX® Plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal Contact Lenses Patient Instruction Booklet
AIR OPTIX® Plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal Contact Lenses Professional Fitting Guide
See product instructions for complete wear, care and safety information.
Important information for AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde® Multifocal (lotrafilcon B) contact lenses: For daily wear or extended wear up to 6 nights for near/far-sightedness, presbyopia and/or astigmatism. Risk of serious eye problems (i.e., corneal ulcer) is greater for extended wear. In rare cases, loss of vision may result. Side effects like discomfort, mild burning or stinging may occur.
^Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Lemp J, Kern J. Alcon multifocal contact lenses for presbyopia correction. Paper presented at the Canadian Association of Optometrists Congress; June 28-30, 2017; Ottawa, ON.
- Eiden SB, Davis RL, Bergenske PD. Prospective study of lotrafilcon B lenses comparing 2 versus 4 weeks of wear for objective and subjective measures of health, comfort, and vision. Eye Contact Lens. 2013;39(4):290-294.
- Based on a 30-day clinical study of 75 habitual lotrafilcon B lens wearers: Alcon data on file, 2017
- Lemp J, Kern J. A comparison of real time and recall comfort assessments. Optom Vis Sci. 2016;93:E-abstract 165256.
- Alcon Data on File, 2016
- Nash WL, Gabriel M, Mowrey-Mckee M. A comparison of various silicone hydrogel lenses; lipid and protein deposition as a result of daily wear. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87:E-abstract 105110.
- Nash WL, Gabriel MM. Ex vivo analysis of cholesterol deposition for commercially available silicone hydrogel contact lenses using a fluorometric enzymatic assay. Eye Contact Lens. 2014;40(5):277-282.
- Alcon Data of File, 2016.
- Alcon data on file, 2013.
- Rex J, Perry S, Lemp J. Concentrations of silicon at silicone hydrogel contact lens surfaces. Poster presented at BCLA Clinical Conference; May 29-31, 2015; Liverpool, England.
- Lemp J, Kern J. On-eye performance of lotrafilcon B lenses packaged with a substantive wetting agent. Poster presented at Optometry’s Meeting, the Annual Meeting of the American Optometric Association; June 21-25, 2017; Fort Worth, TX.
- Guillon M, Maissa C, Wong S, Patel K, Lemp J. Tear film dynamics over silicone hydrogel contact lenses with difference lipid deposition profiles. Optom Vis Sci. 2014;19:E-abstract 145196.
- In vitro study over 16 hours to measure wetting substantivity, Alcon data on file, 2015.
- Muya L, Lemp J, Kern JR, Sentell KB, Lane J, Perry SS. Impact of packaging saline wetting agents on wetting substantivity and lubricity. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:E-abstract 1463.
- Tucker C, Lemp J, Guillon M. In vitro and on eye wettability of lotrafilcon B lenses packaged with a substantive wetting agent; Alcon data on file, 2017.
- Merchea M, Evans D, Kannarr S, et al. Patient and ECP Satisfaction in the United States with a Novel Water Gradient Daily Disposable Multifocal Contact Lens. Presented at the American Optometric Association Annual Meeting, June 20-24, 2018. Denver, CO.
- Pruitt J, et al. Triple-action moisturisers for increased comfort in daily disposable lenses. Optician. 2007;11:27-28.
- Merchea M, Evans D, Kannarr S, Miller J, Kaplan M, Nixon L. Assessing a modified fitting approach for improved multifocal contact lens fitting success. Paper presented at Optometry’s meeting; Jun 20 - 24, 2018; Denver, CO.
- Bauman E, Lemp J, Kern J. Material effect on multifocal contact lens fitting of lenses of the same optical design with the same fitting guide. Poster presented at the British Contact Lens Association Clinical Conference & Exhibition, June 9-11, 2017. Liverpool, UK.