MyAlcon | United Kingdom
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | Country
MyAlcon Global Sites
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
Meet the Systane Family - Designed for All Dry Eye Needs
Explore the Systane® range with specially designed formulations that address all types of patients1 Dry Eye needs. Find the Systane® solution that is right for your patient, depending on their symptoms and underlying causes. Also, learn more about Systane® proprietary HP-Guar® intelligent delivery system and its benefits that make Systane® the #1 Global brand for Artificial Tears2*.
*In terms of market share value.
Hydroxypropyl-guar, or HP-Guar®, acts as a gelling agent, creating an elastic matrix on the corneal surface upon instillation1, producing a protective environment and forming a bio-adhesive gel that binds specifically to the hydrophobic regions of the cornea, where integrity is compromised.3
Benefits of HP-Guar® include:
- Increased retention4
- Prolonged protection4
- Greater hydration and lubrication compared to hyaluronic acid (HA) alone4
For All/Mixed Dry Eye
Some patients suffer from a combination of both Evaporative Dry Eye, with tears evaporating too quickly, and Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye, where the lacrimal gland doesn’t produce enough tear fluid5.
For Evaporative Dry Eye
As the name suggests, tears evaporate too quickly but lacrimation (watering) is normal5. One of the leading causes is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)5.
For Aqueous Deficient Eye
Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye indicates Dry Eye as a result of a lacrimal gland tear secretion defect. Essentially, the lacrimal gland doesn’t produce enough tear fluid5.
Also, learn more about our new Multi-Dose PRESERVATIVE-FREE products.
Systane® ULTRA PRESERVATIVE-FREE
Systane® GEL DROPS
- Davitt, W.F., Bloomenstein, M., Christensen, M. and Martin, A.E., 2010. Efficacy in patients with dry eye after treatment with a new lubricant eye drop formulation. Journal of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics, 26(4), pp.347-353.
- Based on internal calculations by Alcon using third-party data; Alcon data on file, 2021.
- Mrukwa-Kominek E, Baranska K, Jadczyk K. First clinical reports on the application of the moderndualpolymer formula in aqueous deficiency dry eye syndrome: Polish observations. Presented at the20th ESCRS Winter Meeting; February 26-28, 2016, Athens, Greece.
- Rangarajan R, Kraybill B, Ogundele A, Ketelson H. Effects of a Hyaluronic Acid/Hydroxypropyl Guar Artificial Tear Solution on Protection, Recovery, and Lubricity in Models of Corneal Epithelium. J. Ocul. Pharmacol. Ther. 2015;31(8):491-497.
- Bron et al. TFOS DEWS II Pathophysiology Report The Ocular Surface 2017; 15(3): 438-510.
See instructions for use for wear, care, precautions, warnings, contraindications and adverse effects.
Alcon Systane® ULTRA PRESERVATIVE-FREE, Systane® HYDRATION,PRESERVATIVE-FREE, Systane® COMPLETE PRESERVATIVE-FREE Alcon logos are trademarks of Alcon Inc.