MyAlcon | United Kingdom
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | Country
MyAlcon Global Sites
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
Your Surgery Journey Begins at the Clinic
Get ready to discover the ARGOS® Biometer –
the smart planning solution.
The swept-source OCT ARGOS® Biometer with Image Guidance by Alcon® is an innovative solution, designed to enhance your surgical experience and help to achieve better patient outcomes.1,2,7,8
The ARGOS® Biometer is faster than other market-leading biometers.1-5† With a biometric data capture time of less than 1 second and a higher scanning speed, 50% faster than IOLMaster* 700, the ARGOS® Biometer allows for enhanced efficiency and accuracy of eye measurements.1,9
Auto-capture mode automatically records measurements when the patient is optimally aligned, without requiring any extra steps.
The ARGOS® Biometer captures biometric data of5,10:
- Anterior Chamber Depth (ACD)
- Keratometry (K)
- Corneal Diameter / WTW
- Central Corneal Thickness (CCT)
- Axial Length (AL)
- Aqueous Depth (AD)
- Pupil Size (PD)
- Lens Thickness (LT)
- Angle Kappa Coordinates (Px and Py)
* Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. † Compared to IOLMaster* 700 (1,4), IOLMaster* 500 (2,3), LENSTAR* LS900 (2).
The ARGOS® Biometer Provides Higher Acquisition Rates Than Other Market-Leading Biometers1,2,7,8
With SS-OCT Technology and proprietary Enhanced Retina Visualisation mode, the ARGOS® Biometer provides unsurpassed dense cataract penetration and accuracy of axial length acquisition.1,2,7,8
It allows for confidence in refractive outcomes even in the case of grade 4+ cataract patients.12
Enhanced Retina Visualisation mode illustration
The ARGOS® Biometer shows significantly higher acquisition rates in grade 4+ cataracts compared to the IOLMaster* 700 and other market-leading biometers, while significantly reducing the need for time-consuming ultrasound biometry.1,2
* Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
In medium and high density eyes (Groups B and C), mean absolute error (MAE) was significantly lower with the ARGOS® Biometer12
Comparison of the refractive outcomes in patients with dense nuclear cataract between the ARGOS® Biometer and IOLMaster* 70012
1. Tamaoki A, Kojima T, Hasegawa A, et al. Clinical evaluation of a new swept-source optical coherence biometer that uses individual refractive indices to measure axial length in cataract patients. Ophthalmic Res. 2019;19:1-13.
2. Shammas HJ, Ortiz S, Shammas MC, et al. Biometry measurements using a new large-coherence-length swept-source optical coherence tomographer. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016;42:50-61.
3. Hussaindeen JR, Mariam EG, Arunachalam S, et al. Comparison of axial length using a new swept-source optical coherence tomography-based biometer. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(12):e0209356.
4. ZEISS IOLMaster 700 510k Submission 2015.
5. ARGOS® Biometer User Manual. 2019.
6. VERION™ Reference Unit User Manual Part I. 2019.
7. Whang W, Yoo Y, Kang M, et al. Predictive accuracy of partial coherence interferometry and swept-source optical coherence tomography for intraocular lens power calculation. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):13732.
8. Shammas HJ, Shammas MC, Jivrajka RV, Cooke DL, Potvin R. Effects on IOL power calculation and expected clinical outcomes of axial length measurements based on multiple vs single refractive indices. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020;14:1511-1519.
9. Alcon Data on File 2019, report # SD-18-0001-670-01.
10. MOVU ARGOS® 510(k) Summary 2019.
11. Santec Letter of Declaration. Jan 15, 2021.
12. An Y, Kim H, Joo C-K. Accuracy of predicting refractive outcomes using swept-source optical coherence tomography in nuclear cataracts. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 2019;60(11):1043-1049.
13. Omoto MK, Torii H, Masui S, Ayaki M, Tsubota K, Negishi K. Ocular biometry and refractive outcomes using two swept-source optical coherence tomography-based biometers with segmental or equivalent refractive indices. Sci Rep. 2019;9:6557.
14. Akman A, Asena L, Güngör SG. Evaluation and comparison of the new swept source OCT-based IOLMaster 700 with the IOLMaster 500. Br J Ophthalmol. 2016;100:1201-1205.
15. VERION™ Digital Marker M User Manual. 2018.
16. VERION™ Digital Marker L User Manual. 2017.
Please refer to relevant product operator’s manual for complete list of indications, contraindications and warnings