MyAlcon | United Kingdom
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | Country
MyAlcon Global Sites
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
Step Up Your Practice to CENTURION® Vision System with ACTIVE SENTRY®
Enhanced Safety and Confidence*
Increase Patient Comfort
CENTURION® Vision System with ACTIVE SENTRY® Handpiece allows surgeons to maintain lower pressure in the eye thanks to best-in-class surge reduction, which may increase patient comfort during surgery.1-4
CENTURION® Vision System also includes an IOP ramp feature, allowing for progressive build-up of the selected IOP to increase patient comfort.
CENTURION® Vision System with ACTIVE SENTRY® Handpiece is designed for consistency to help safeguard your outcomes.1
The ACTIVE SENTRY® Handpiece addresses variables as they arise.
IOP Error vs. PEL Offset6
The integrated pressure sensor automatically recognises PEL, eliminating the need for manual adjustments and maintaining target IOP across cases.1,6
IOP Error vs. Incision Leakage7
The integrated pressure sensor automatically detects the difference in aspiration and irrigation rates and adjusts flow to consistently maintain target IOP.1,7
* Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Your Preferred Efficiency
1. CENTURION® Vision System Operator's Manual.
2. Alcon Data on File, REF-02559, 2017. v
3. Thorne A, Dyk DW, Fanney D, Miller KM. Phacoemulsifier occlusion break surge volume reduction. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018 Dec;44(12):1491-1496.
4, Aravena C, Dyk DW, Thorne A, Fanney D, Miller KM. Aqueous volume loss associated with occlusion break surge in phacoemulsifiers from 4 different manufacturers. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018 Jul;44(7):884-888.
5. Nicoli CM, Dimalanta R, Miller KM. Experimental anterior chamber maintenance in active versus passive phacoemulsification fluidics systems. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016;42(1):157:162.
6. Lehmann R. Automated Patient Eye Level by Sensor-based Handpiece. Presentation at ASCRS 2019, 3-7 May, San Diego.
7. Crandall AS. Role of Incision Leakage in Anterior Chamber Stability in Different Phacoemulsifier Systems. Presentation at ASCRS 2019, 3-7 May, San Diego.
8. Boukhny M, Sorensen G, Gordon R. A novel phacoemulsification system utilizing feedback based IOP target control. ASCRS-ASOA Symposium and Congress; April 25-29, 2014; Boston, MA.
9. Khokhar S, Aron N, Sen S, Pillay G, Agarwal E. Effect of balanced phacoemulsification tip on the outcomes of torsional phacoemulsification using an active-fluidics system. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2017;43(1):22-28.
10. Malik PK, Dewan T, Patidar AK, Sain E. Effect of IOP based infusion system with and without balanced phacotip on cumulative dissipated energy and estimated fluid usage in comparison to gravity fed infusion in torsional phacoemulsification. Eye Vis (Lond). 2017;4:22.
11. Zacharias J. Laboratory assessment of thermal characteristics of three phacoemulsification tip designs operated using torsional ultrasound. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016:10;1095–1101.
12. Vasavada AR, et al. Comparison of torsional and microburst longitudinal phacoemulsification: A prospective, randomized, masked clinical trial. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010;41(1):109-114.
13. Dyk DW, Miller KM. Mechanical model of human eye compliance for volumetric occlusion break surge measurements. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018 Feb;44(2):231-236.
14. Alcon Data on File, REF-08357, 2020.
15. Hiroyuki Matsushima. Presentation in the 119th annual meeting of the Japanese Ophthalmological Society, 17 Apr 2015.
16. Yoo A, Nam KY, Tchah H, Kim MJ. Heat Generation and Efficiency of a New Modified Phaco Tip and Sleeve. PLoS ONE. 11(8):e0159049.
17. VERION™ Digital Marker M User Manual v3.2.
18. Davidson R. An introduction to digital and digitally assisted microscopes. July 1, 2021. Ophthalmic Professional. Accessed August 10, 2021. Available from: https://www.ophthalmicprofessional.com/issues/2020/july-august-2020/an-introduction-to-digital-and-digitally-assisted
19. Sharif-Kashani P, Fanney D, Injev V. Comparison of occlusion break responses and vacuum rise times of phacoemulsification systems. BMC Ophthalmol. 2014;14:96.
20. Narendran N, et al. The Cataract National Dataset electronic multicentre audit of 55 567 operations: Risk stratification for posterior capsule rupture and vitreous loss. Eye. 2009;23:31–37.
21. Salowi MA, et al. The Malaysian Cataract Surgery Registry: Risk indicators for posterior capsular rupture. Br J Ophthalmol. 2017;101:1466–1470.
22. Alcon Data on File, REF-07136, 2019.
23. Zacharias J. Thermal characterization of phacoemulsification probes operated in axial and torsional modes. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015;41(1):208-216.
24. Noguchi S, et al. Difference in torsional phacoemulsification oscillation between a balanced tip and a mini tip using an ultra-high-speed video camera. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016;42:1511–1517.
25. Intrepid® Transformer I/A Handpiece Directions for use.
For indications, contraindications and warnings please refer to the relevant product's instruction for use or operator manual.