MyAlcon | United Kingdom
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | Country
MyAlcon Global Sites
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
Step Up Your Practice to CENTURION®-based
Phaco Performance Advantages
Alcon’s CENTURION®-based phaco systems provide you and your hospital with an advanced technology in phacoemulsification. Learn more about how our CENTURION®-based systems can step up your practice.
1. CENTURION® Vision System Operator’s Manual.
2. CENTURION® Silver System Operator’s Manual.
3. LEGION® System Operator’s Manual.
4. Alcon Data on File: Final engineering study report- Alcon phacoemulsification systems' occlusion break surge performance in support of comparison apps. May 3, 2017.
5. Sharif-Kashani et al. Comparison of occlusion break responses and vacuum rise times of phacoemulsification systems. BMC Ophthalmology 2014;14:96.
6. Aravena et al. Aqueous volume loss associated with occlusion break surge in phacoemulsifiers from 4 different manufacturers. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018 Jul;44(7):884-888.
7. Thorne A, Dyk DW, Fanney D, Miller KM. Phacoemulsifier occlusion break surge volume reduction. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018;44(12):1491-1496.
8. Hiroyuki Matsushima, Presentation in the 119th annual meeting of the Japanese Ophthalmological Society, 17 Apr 2015.
9. Christakis PG, Braga-Mele RM (2012) Intraoperative performance and postoperative outcome comparison of longitudinal, torsional, and transversal phacoemulsification machines. J Cataract Refract Surg. 38 (2): 234-241.
10. Leon et al. An evaluation of intraoperative and postoperative outcomes of torsional mode versus longitudinal ultrasound mode phacoemulsification: a Meta-analysis. Int Journal of Ophthalmology. 2016;9(6):890-7.
11. Zacharías J. Comparative thermal characterization of phacoemulsification probes operated in elliptical, torsional and longitudinal ultrasound modalities. ASCRS-ASOA Symposium and Congress; April 25-29, 2014; Boston, MA.
12. Khokhar et al. Effect of balanced phacoemulsification tip on the outcomes of torsional phacoemulsification using an active-fluidics system. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2017;43(1):22-28.
13. Zacharías J. Thermal characterization of phacoemulsification probes operated in axial and torsional modes. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2015;41(1):208-216.
14. Noguchi et al, Difference in torsional phacoemulsification oscillation between a balanced tip and a mini tip using an ultra-high-speed video camera. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016; 42:1511–1517.
15. Shumway C. Utility of a novel hybrid phacoemulsification tip to prevent posterior capsule rupture. Presentation at ASCRS 2019, 3 7 May, San Diego.
16. Centurion® FMS Pack Directions for Use.
17. Nicoli CM, Dimalanta R, Miller KM. Experimental anterior chamber maintenance in active versus passive phacoemulsification fluidics systems. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016;42(1):157:162.
18. Boukhny M , Sorensen G, Gordon R. A novel phacoemulsification system utilizing feedback based IOP target control. ASCRS-ASOA Symposium and Congress; April 25 29, 2014; Boston, MA.
19. Lehmann R. Automated Patient Eye Level by Sensor based handpiece. Presentation at ASCRS 2019, 3 7 May, San Diego.
20. Crandall AS. Role of Incision Leakage in Anterior Chamber Stability in Different Phacoemulsifier Systems. Presentation at ASCRS 2019, 3 7 May, San Diego.
21. VERION™ User Guide 2.6 / 3.1.
22. NGENUITY® User Guide 1.4.
23. Brooks et al. Consolidation of Imaging Modalities Utilizing Digitally Assisted Visualization Systems: The Development of a Surgical Information Handling Cockpit. Clinical Ophthalmology. 2020:14 557 569.
24. Malik PK, Dewan T, Patidar AK, Sain E. Effect of IOP based infusion system with and without balanced phacotip on cumulative dissipated energy and estimated fluid usage in comparison to gravity fed infusion in torsional phacoemulsification. Eye Vis (Lond). 2017;4:22.
25. Zacharias J. Laboratory assessment of thermal characteristics of three phacoemulsification tip designs operated using torsional ultrasound. Clin Ophthalmol. 2016:10;1095–1101.
26. Vasavada AR, et al. Comparison of torsional and microburst longitudinal phacoemulsification: A prospective, randomized, masked clinical trial. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010;41(1):109-114.
27. Dyk DW, Miller KM. Mechanical model of human eye compliance for volumetric occlusion break surge measurements. J Cataract Refract Surg.2018 Feb;44(2):231-236.
28. Alcon Data on File: Phacoemulsification Systems' Occlusion Break Surge Performance Report - Surge Tool App. May 20, 2020.
29. Narendran N, et al. The Cataract National Dataset electronic multicentre audit of 55 567 operations: Risk stratification for posterior capsule rupture and vitreous loss. Eye. 2009;23:31–37.
30. Salowi MA, et al. The Malaysian Cataract Surgery Registry: Risk indicators for posterior capsular rupture. Br J Ophthalmol. 2017;101:1466–1470.
31. Alcon Data on File 2019.
32. Intrepid® Transformer I/A Handpiece Directions for use.
Please refer to relevant product directions for use or operator’s manuals for list of indications, contraindications and warnings.