MyAlcon | United Kingdom
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | Country
MyAlcon Global Sites
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® Trifocal IOL
Ready to satisfy your patients with a full range of vision and high rate of spectacle independence?1-3
Ready to satisfy your patients with a full range
of vision and high rate of spectacle independence?1-3
PanOptix® Provides 20/20 Vision at Near, Intermediate and Far1*†
* Based on mean value of binocular defocus curve at near, intermediate and distance at 6 months (n=127).
† Snellen VA was converted from logMAR VA. A Snellen notation of 20/20 or better indicates a logMAR VA of 0.04
or better, which means 3 or more of the 5 ETDRS chart letters in the line were identified correctly.
Offer Your Patients Excellent Vision at Every Meaningful Distance1
PanOptix® Provides Patients With a More
Natural Intermediate Focal Point at 60 cm4
Our natural intermediate focal point is at arm’s length5-8
AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® offers a more comfortable intermediate distance for your patients at 60 cm vs 80 cm4
A person would need to be about 205 cm tall for 80 cm to be considered a comfortable arm's length.5-8
Proven Patient Satisfaction
Patients are saying yes to the PanOptix® IOL1
Data Collected 6 Months Post-op
† Response to the following question on IOLSAT questionnaire (Ver. 1.0, Dec. 20, 2018) at 6 months post-op: “Given
your vision today, if you had to do it all over, would you have the same lenses implanted again?”
9 out of 10 Patients
Patients reporting spectacle independence
no longer used correction for near,
intermediate or distance vision.2,3,9
PanOptix® Uses Proprietary
See How ENLIGHTEN® Optical Technology Works
To make it possible to achieve 20/20 near, intermediate and distance vision, the PanOptix® IOL
is equipped with a proprietary lens design that allows for the three optimally placed focal points.1
PanOptix® is Engineered to Optimise Light Utilisation
Instructions for Use (IFU)
For a full list of indications, contraindications and warnings, please visit ifu.alcon.com and refer to the relevant product’s instructions for use.
Alcon Experience Academy
For relevant training content from industry thought leaders
1. Modi S, et al. Visual and patient-reported outcomes of a diffractive trifocal intraocular lens compared with those of a monofocal intraocular lens. Ophthalmology. 2021;128(2):197-207.
2. Bohm M, et al. Defocus curves of 4 presbyopia-correcting IOL designs: Diffractive panfocal, diffractive trifocal, segmental refractive, and extended-depth-of-focus. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2019;45:1625-1636.
3. Kohnen T, Herzog M, Hemkeppler E, et al. Visual performance of a quadrifocal (trifocal) intraocular lens following removal of the crystalline lens. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;184:52-62. doi:10.1016/j.ajo.2017.09.016
4. Lwowski C, et al. Visual and patient-reported factors leading to satisfaction after implantation of diffractive EDOF and trifocal intraocular lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2021 Aug 18. doi: 10.1097/j.jcrs.0000000000000780
5. Charness N, et al. Monitor viewing distance for younger and older workers. Proc Hum Factors Ergon Soc Annu Meet. 2008;52:1614-1617.
6. Average of American OSHA, Canadian OSHA and American Optometric Association Recommendations for Computer Monitor Distances. www.aoa.org. July 2015.
7. Plagenhoef S, et al. Anatomical data for analyzing human motion. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 1983;54,169-178.
8. What is the average male height? Average Height. http://www.averageheight.co/average-male-height. Accessed July 6, 2015
9. Alcon Data on File, REF-14428, 2021.
10. Alcon Data on File, 2014. [TDOC-0018723]
11. Alcon Data on File, 2015. [TDOC-0051365]
12. AcrySof® IQ PanOptix® Trifocal IOL Directions for Use.
For indications, contraindications and warnings please refer to the relevant product's instruction for use. Find at: https://ifu.alcon.com
©2022 Alcon Inc. 02/22 GB-ACP-2200001