MyAlcon | India
This page is available in English. Select below for other countries.
MyAlcon | India
MyALCON GLOBAL SITES
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
Belgium - Nederlands | Français
India - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
AIR OPTIXᵀᴹ PLUS HYDRAGLYDEᵀᴹ
provides 12 hours of comfort from Day 1 to Day 301-3
Comfort. Vision. Value.
Patients rated AIR OPTIX™ plus HydraGlyde™ a 9 out of 10 on initial insertion comfort5,6
In a separate survey, 4 X more patients preferred AIR OPTIX™ plus HydraGlyde™ over their previous two-week or monthly replacement lenses7*
*While using OPTI-FREE™ Puremoist™ for daily cleaning and disinfection.
†Based on clinical studies with AIR OPTIX® AQUA lenses.
Two Unique Technologies
SmartShield™ Technology helps deliver superior overall cholesterol deposit resistance throughout the lens5,8-10
SmartShield™ Technology creates an ultra-thin protective layer to:
- Minimize the exposed silicone on the lens surface
- Protect lenses from irritating deposits all month long
- Help support a stable tear film and maintain wettability
- AIR OPTIX™ Brand contact lenses with SmartShield™ Technology helps resist lens parameter changes from everyday use of cosmetics, hand creams and makeup removers
SmartShield™ Technology helps deliver superior overall cholesterol deposit resistance throughout the lens.5,8-10
*Overall superior cholesterol deposti resistance of Air Optix® plus Hydraglyde® contact lenses, as compared to ACUVUE^ OASYS^ Lenses, PureVision^ lenses, Biofinity^ lenses and Avaira^ lenses, lenses worn daily for the manufacturer-recommended replacement period. CLEAR CARE® PLUS Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution used for cleaning and disinfection. all differences between AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde® contact lenses and competitive brands statistically significant (p<0.05).
HydraGlyde™ Moisture Matrix Technology surrounds lenses in long-lasting surface moisture to help keep the lens surface hydrated17,18
To help your patients get the most from their contact lenses, recommend OPTI-FREE™ Puremoist™
AIR OPTIXTM Plus HydraGlydeTM Technical Specifications
Talk to your Alcon representative to learn more about AIR OPTIXTM Plus HydraGlydeTM.
AIR OPTIX™ PLUS HydraGlyde™ for Astigmatism
Outstanding stability with a predictable fit, and outstanding comfort from day 1 to day 30 for your astigmatic patients.1-3,20
*Based on clinical studies with AIR OPTIX® AQUA lenses.
^Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1. Eiden SB, Davis RL, Bergenske PD. Prospective study of lotrafilcon B lenses comparing 2 versus 4 weeks of wear for objective and subjective measures of health, comfort, and vision. Eye & Contact Lens. 2013;39(4):290-294.
2. Based on a 30-day clinical study of 75 habitual lotrafilcon B lens wearers; Alcon data on file, 2017.
3. Lemp J, Kern J. A comparison of real time and recall comfort assessments. Optom Vis Sci. 2016;93:Eabstract 165256.
4. Alcon data on file, 2019.
5. Lemp J, Kern J. On-eye performance of lotrafilcon B lenses packaged with a substantive wetting agent. Poster presented at Optometry’s Meeting, the Annual Meeting of the American Optometric Association; June 21-25, 2017; Washington, D.C.
6. In a randomized, double-masked clinical study with 337 patients at 25 sites; CIBA VISION data on file, 2008.
7. Based on a survey in the US of 229 patients and 18 eye care professionals; Alcon data on file, 2017.
8. Nash W, Gabriel M, Movrewy Mckee M. A comparison of various silicone hydrogel lenses; lipid and protein deposition as a result of daily wear. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87: E-abstract 105110.
9. Nash W. Gabriel M. Ex vivo analysis of cholesterol deposition for commercially available silicone hydrogel contact lenses using a fluorometric enzymatic assay. Eye Contact Lens. 2014;40(5):277-282.
10. Alcon data on file, 2016.
11. Alcon data on file, 2013.
12. Rex J, Perry S, Lemp J. Concentrations of Silicon at Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lens Surfaces. Poster presented at B CLA Clinical Conference; May 29-31, 2015; Liverpool, England.
13. Guillon M, Maissa C, Wong S, Patel K, Lemp J. Tear film dynamics over silicone hydrogel contact lenses with different lipid deposition profiles. Optom Vis Sci. 2014;91:E-abstract 145196.
14. Luensmann D, Yu M, Yang J, Srinivasan S, Jones L. Impact of Cosmetics on the Physical Dimension and Optical Performance of Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses. Eye & Contact Lens. 2015;4(4):218-227.
15. Srinivasan S, Otchere H, Yu M, Yang J, Luensmann D, Jones L. Impact of Cosmetics on the surface properties of silicone hydrogen contact lenses. Eye & Contact Lens. 2015;41(4):228-235.
16. Luensmann D, van Doorn K, May C, Srinivasan S, Jones L. Physical Dimension and Optical Assessment of Currently Marketed Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses After Exposure to Cosmetics. American Academy of Optometry, San Antonio, USA, 2018.
17. In vitro study over 16 hours, to measure wetting substantivity; Alcon data on file, 2015.
18. Muya L, Lemp J, Kern JR, Sentell KB, Lane J, Perry SS. Impact of packaging saline wetting agents on wetting substantivity and lubricity. Invest Opthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:E-abstract 1463.
19. Tucker R, Lemp J, Guillon M. In vitro and on eye wettability of lotrafilcon B lenses packaged with a substantive wetting agent. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58(8):3070.
20. Alcon data on file, 2005.