Improved Wound Construction with the EDGEPLUS® Blade
With cutting-edge design and ergonomic ease-of-use for today’s vitreoretinal surgeons, the EDGEPLUS® trocar/cannula blades are the perfect complement for micro-incision performance:
- Creates flat, linear incisions for optimized wound closure1
- Chamfered hub design allows for ease of instrument access
- Sharp solid trocar blade allows cannulas to be inserted in one simple step
- Thin-wall metal cannula is designed to improve rigidity and reduce instrument friction
- Low-profile cannulas and plugs are designed to minimize interference
EDGEPLUS® Valved Trocar Cannula System
The EDGEPLUS® Valved Trocar Cannula System eliminates the need for plugs, and helps reduce instrument exchanges:
- Provides a closed system for true IOP control for any type of case2
- After insertion, the cannula detaches easily from trocar without the use of a secondary instrument
- Low-friction valves are designed for smooth instrument exchanges
"IOP stability with the CONSTELLATION® Vision System, matched with the valved cannulas may reduce perioperative pressure changes that might affect outcomes."
- Carl Claes, MD* Antwerp, Belgium
The closed loop system of the CONSTELLATION® Vision System that adjusts IOP cannot replace the standard of care in judging IOP intraoperatively. If the surgeon believes that the IOP is not responding to the system settings and is dangerously high or low, this may represent a system failure.
*Carl Claes, MD is a paid consultant for Alcon.