My Alcon | US
This page is available in English
MyAlcon | United States
MyALCON GLOBAL SITES
Europe / Middle East / Africa
United Kingdom - English
France - French
Spain - Espanol
Belgium - Nederlands | Français
India - English
Europe / Middle East / Africa
Empower Your Practice With SMART Solutions
A comprehensive cloud-based Digital Health Solutions (DHS) platform designed to connect your practice, so it can work smarter.
Your Practice Working Smarter
SMARTCataract empowers your practice to work more efficiently and deliver optimal outcomes for patients. And you’ll have Alcon’s best-in-class technology and customer support helping your practice run at its best.
Connected and Streamlined
SMARTCataract was designed specifically for ophthalmology, to seamlessly connect data systems, diagnostic devices and surgical equipment, from the clinic to the OR. All to help practices operate with greater efficiency, flexibility and accuracy1-5
Remote Based Planning
Keep all your patient data in one secure place, and access it anytime, based anywhere.
Patient data is automatically transferred between devices, taking manual data entry out of your planning and surgical workflow.
Alcon’s surgical suite puts the industry’s most comprehensive image guidance platform at your fingertips.6,7
Ready to learn more about how SMARTCataract can streamline your practice?
Streamline Surgical Planning with SMART Solutions1-5
Experience SMARTCataract, Alcon's First SMART Solutions Application
SMARTCataract automatically evaluates patient data and takes into account surgeon preferences, preferred formulas and lens types to efficiently guide the surgical planning stage.
Surgeons make optimized recommendations that help lead to better outcomes, paired with seamless transfer of patient data that removes the need for redundant data entry.
With SMARTCataract, the future of surgical planning is here.
Comprehensive Surgical Planning & Astigmatism Management
Robust Optimization & Outcomes Based Reporting*
*When integrated with ORA SYSTEM® technology.
Prepare From Anywhere
SMART Solutions puts the information you need for pre-op planning securely in the cloud, so your files are easily accessible. With multi-user access, you and your team will have the freedom to create, review, and revise surgical plans from anywhere, anytime, without being tethered to a particular device or office.
Create & Access Surgical Plans Via Remote Planning
Get Next-Level Accuracy†
Reduce manual transcription errors with automated, cloud-based data transfer, and leverage the industry’s most comprehensive image guidance platform to improve surgical accuracy.6,7
Automated Data Transfer Designed for Security
†Enabled with integrated Image Guidance by Alcon®.
We designed the SMART Solutions platform to optimize your practice and grow along with it. You’ll have the support your practice needs every step of the way.
Reporting & Optimization
SMART Solutions automatically presents post-op data for your review. With personalized tracking, reporting, and optimization features at your disposal, each procedure will help improve the next.
Alcon has partnered with industry-leading names in healthcare technology to maximize SMART Solutions’ cloud-based capabilities and meet the highest standards of security.
With 1000+ clinical and technical experts globally, Alcon’s service and support teams are ready, 24/7, to make sure you and your staff have the training resources, and the best-in-class Alcon support you are used to.
Work More Efficiently10
Compared to the standard of care, surgeons who use SMARTCataract in their practice can achieve significant efficiency gains and time savings per patient.
Efficiency gains with adoption of SMARTCataract:
- Reduce time spent manually entering patient data into individual devices in the clinic and OR
- Obviate the need for manual IOL power calculation during surgery planning
- Reduce the number of transcription points required throughout the cataract surgery workflow
Adopting SMARTCataract may:
- Increase patient volume at the practice due to time savings per procedure
- Reduce human transcription error across the surgery paradigm
- Improve the practice workflow
- Improve patient satisfaction
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
See the equipment product manuals for Important Product Information.
- Alcon Data on File, 2020.
- Blaylock JF, Hall B. Astigmatic results of a diffractive trifocal toric IOL following intraoperative aberrometry guidance. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020;14:4373-4378. doi:10.2147/OPTH.S285711
- Cionni RJ, Dimalanta R, Breen M, Hamilton C. A large retrospective database analysis comparing outcomes of intraoperative aberrometry with conventional preoperative planning. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2018;44(10):1230-1235. doi:10.1016/j.jcrs.2018.07.016
- Van Vliet EJ, Bredenhoff E, Sermeus W, Kop LM, Sol JCA, Harten WH. Exploring the relation between process design and efficiency in high-volume cataract pathways from a lean thinking perspective. Int J Qual Health Care. 2011;23(1):83-93. doi:10.1093/intqhc/mzq071
- Håkansson I, Lundström M, Stenevi U, Ehinger B. Data reliability and structure in the Swedish National Cataract Register. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2001;79(5):518-523. doi:10.1034/j.1600-0420.2001.790519.x
- ARGOS® Biometer User Manual. 2019.
- VERION® Reference Unit User Manual Part II. 2017.
- Alcon. World class service centered on you. Clinical and technical services brochure. 2021.
- Alcon Data on File, 2020.
- Zavodni Z, Pan L, Saylor M, Mok K, Cheng H. Enhancing clinic and operating room (OR) connectivity via a cloud-based application to improve practice efficiency for cataract surgery. Study summary presented at: ASCRS Annual Meeting; April 22, 2022; Washington, DC.