Taking proper care of your contact lenses is key to having a successful contact lens journey. Remember these helpful tips to keep your contact lenses performing at their best.
With daily disposable contact lenses, there’s no need for lens care. Simply put in a fresh pair in the morning and toss them out at night. Then, start the next day with a fresh new pair.
- Wash and dry your hands before handling, inserting or removing your contacts.
- Throw your contact lenses in the trash before going to bed.
- Cosmetics, lotions, soaps, creams and deodorants can irritate your eyes, so use with care.
- Put your contact lenses in before applying makeup and remove your lenses before taking your makeup off.
- Follow up with your eye doctor for a yearly exam.
- Do not sleep in your daily disposable contact lenses.
- Don’t swim or go into hot tubs while wearing your daily disposable contact lenses.
- Don’t wear daily disposable contact lenses for more than one day.
- Do not share contact lenses with other people.
With monthly replacement contact lenses, you'll need to regularly clean, disinfect, and store them before bed in contact lens solution. Replace them after a month with a fresh new pair, or as directed by your eye doctor.
- Make sure you wash and dry your hands before handling, inserting or removing your lenses.
- Clean, disinfect, and store your contact lenses and lens case with fresh solution daily.
- Remember to start with fresh new pair of contact lenses every 30 days, or as directed by your eye doctor.
- Things like makeup, lotions, soaps, creams and deodorants can irritate your eyes, so use with care.
- When applying makeup, put your contact lenses in first. Remove your lenses before taking your makeup off.
- Make an appointment for a yearly exam with your eye doctor.
- Never put your monthly replacement contact lenses in your mouth to clean them.
- Don’t swim or use a hot tub while wearing your contact lenses.
- Do not wear torn contact lenses.
- Don’t share contact lenses with other people.
Contact lens solutions that clean, disinfect and store your lenses are available in two main types: multi-purpose solutions (MPS) and hydrogen peroxide-based solutions. Each solution is formulated differently to provide the carethat fits your needs.