Collaborative Leadership in
Research & Development
Throughout 180 markets worldwide, Alcon offers the widest spectrum of eye care products. Across continents, we listen, share insights and create even better products together.
- Alcon is the global leader in eye care.
- We invest approximately $1 billion a year in eye care R&D to address unmet medical needs that will improve patient outcomes.
- This represents the largest commitment to R&D in the eye care industry–second only to U.S government sponsored research.
- Alcon constantly explores new innovations–from enhancements in end–of–day contact lens comfort to ocular drug delivery.
- Alcon conducts ongoing usage and attitude consumer research to better understand the needs of your patients.
- Symposia, workshops and in–office consultation provide forums for idea exchange, driving further innovation for practice improvement.
Alcon Research Institute
Since its inception in 1981, the ARI has granted almost $21 million to more than 234 researchers in support of their research into eye disease and ophthalmology. Learn more about the Alcon Research Institute.
Our licensing efforts with others invested in eye health have led to several notable partnerships. We are honored to have the chance to produce such results with these other prestigious organizations.
R&D Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Alcon Research & Development? View our list of frequently asked questions.